Hi friends! Thanks for sticking with me while I focused on my family. Sometimes you have to (temporarily) give up things you love to make your life work. Ha! I’m writing on a blog post all about it.
So, let’s deal with those feelings by eating! I had to share this amazing pumpkin pie that is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. Yet still delicious- I promise! The Finn and my kiddos gobbled it up. For reals, I didn’t bribe them.
It’s a modified version of a recipe from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen. (Follow her immediately if you don’t already.) She has a wonderful variety of gluten and dairy-free recipes on her website. Her recipe called for only maple syrup as a sweetener.
Since I was converting hard-core “traditional” pumpkin pie eaters, I felt maple syrup alone wasn’t going to cut it. I halved the maple syrup and added coconut sugar. The coconut sugar adds a sweet kick without triggering the inner sugar monster. I enjoy pumpkin pie spice, so I switched up the spices that were in the original recipe. This pie has such great flavor.
Make this pie in a store-bought gluten free pie crust or regular pie crust if you’re not gluten free. I saved myself $8 and made a simple crumble topping to put over the top. Call me cheap, but I’d rather save that money for a bottle of wine.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
- 3 whole eggs
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pre-cook pie crust for 4-6 minutes.
- Add all ingredients into mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Dump into pie crust and bake for 50 minutes or until pie is slightly jiggly in the middle, but set around the edges. (kinda like me…haha!)
- If crust is browning too quickly, cover with foil or pie crust covers.
- Let cool completely before serving. Seriously, let it chill for 2-3 hours or it won’t set up nicely.